My Inspiration

Thank you for visting my blog. You will find fabulous information on how to improve your health and work your way to wellness. If you want to lose weight, eat healthier, start exercising, or live an illness free life; you will find useful tips here. It is my passion to help others live a healthier lifestyle. Everyday I have the privilege of helping my patients acheive their health goals.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Healthy Breakfast Choices

I was inspired by my delicious and healthy breakfast today to write about healthy breakfast choices. I had a bowl of old fashion oatmeal with fresh blueberries, walnuts and a splash of skim milk. This is a great way to start your day with a healthy serving of omega 3 fatty acids in the walnuts and a serving of whole grains, and a serving of fruit. Avoid the instant oatmeal; it cooks quickly because the healthy stuff has been removed.

Here are some other choices for breakfast. Try an egg white omelet with your favorite veggies. If you are in a hurry have a piece of whole grain toast with a serving of natural peanut butter and an apple. You can also prepare a fruit smoothie the night before using fresh fruit and plain yogurt; add a scoop of protein powder, if desired. If you just can’t seem to find the time for breakfast, have a whole grain granola bar. Kashi granola bars give you a serving a whole grains and are low in sugar.

A good breakfast is an important way to start your day. Never skip breakfast, especially if you are trying to lose weight. It is counter productive to your effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment